Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day of Days painting project - 6th Fallschirmjäger from Hell's Highway

I'm painting a new force for Day of Days. It's the first time I've painted a full infantry force as I usually use the pioneers I bought off John.


6th Fallschirmjäger

HQ
CiC faust/SMG & 2ic  SMG                                65 FV
3 x panzerschreck                                             75 FV
2 x stummelwerfer 8cm                                      50 FV

Combat
1 x command faust/SMG, 9 x rifle/MG squads   260 FV

1 x command faust/SMG, 9 x rifle/MG squads   260 FV

Regimental support (2nd column)
1 x command SMG, 4 x 7.5cm PaK40               230 FV 

Divisional support (3rd column)
2 x Panzer IV G, 2 x Panzer IIIL                         260 CT

Total                                                               1200 points

I've started with the PaK40 platoon.
Things I'll do differently with the next platoon.
A) Use a black undercoat. I'd run out of black and thought I'd try the FoW german armour dungelbelb.
B) Get a different matt spray coat. The one I've got is too glossy.







2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    Looking good. The list looks pretty solid and the boys seem to be shaping up nicely.

    You can get away without the black undercoat. Have you heard of "pinwashing"?

    You pretty much just use watered down black paint (not ink, its too shiny) and paint it into the crevices over the dunkegelb. Then you just have to go back over the dunkelgelb once its dry but it gives a good effect.

    Otherwise the New GW Ink range is pretty good too.

    Looking forwad to seeing how these turn out and how they fair at MG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jason, I'll use the dungelgelb again with the mortars and use the black wash.

    ReplyDelete